Since I've Been Gone . . .

Hey there!  I've been creating since we last met.  This is what I've done since we've been apart.

I made a Peach Cobbler.  The recipe was courtesy of The Food Network by Paula Dean.  Of course, I added my own personal touches like spicing up the peach mixture and batter to give it a little bit more flavor aka tasty love'n, and I baked it in a cast iron skillet instead of a baking pan.  It just seemed very southern to do that, so I did. We enjoyed it.  I more than my husband.


I created a Super Bowl spread for the men of the house.  I spent more time on my feet then I had planned which made it a, "I need a serious foot and back rub after this", Super Bowl night.  But Jr loved it.  He enjoyed it more than his dada.  Dada fed him while I continued to slave away in the kitchen and by the time I was done this was all that was left.


But we did get to enjoy the rack of ribs and onion rings the next day :)


I was too tired to eat Supper Bowl night. My child wore us OUT!  But we did enjoy Burno Mars' performance.  He is such a great talent.  We always enjoy seeing him perform live.  Which says a lot because my husband really doesn't care for his music.

I also made a cake.  Check it out below.


LOL It's a football!  
I didn't have white icing so my hubby suggested I use whip cream.  Which turned out to be a very tasty idea :)


Well I gotta go now.  A great friend of mine is sick so I made her some chicken soup.


As you can see I also made some cornbread but that didn't really come out the way I planned so I'll keep that home with me.  What's wrong with it you ask.  Well, lets just say it's missing a little something called, flavor. lol  I didn't add enough sugar.  Like I always say, you live and you learn.

I'm gonna bring it to her tonight before I head to church for Women's Night.  Tell you all about it when we meet again.

Until next time!

"I wont be impressed with technology until I can download food." --who knows


Comments

Popular Posts