Homemade Ravies!

Ravies!  You and the rest of the world may know them as Raviolis. Ravies is what we call them.  That's what my mommy-in-law has dubbed them. Cute right?  What was supposed to be Sunday Dinner ended up being Monday Night Dinner.  They were taaaasty! Hubby and the little one loved them.  

My hubby made the sauce (SO delicious you can eat it like soup.) and I slaved over the ravies.  Not many people make them but I prefer meat filled ravies over cheese, so that's what I made.  My pasta could of been a bit thicker, but besides that they were pretty good for the first try. I got the pasta recipe from Lidia's Family Table and just created the meat filling on my own.  You should try it too.  Email me for the recipe.



After making your dough in a food processor and kneading it by hand, you have to let it rest covered in plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out.


You have to shape and stretch your pasta dough into a narrow rectangle so it can go through the machine.


Me and my little helper rolling out pasta dough with a hand crank pasta machine.  I guess I got overzealous and rolled the dough out too thin, because some of them busted open while boiling. Hey, you live and you learn. Besides, busted, tasty ravies never killed anyone :)


Rolled out ravioli dough. You have to keep them covered or else they will dry out and break resulting in no ravies for you.


Voila!   Ravies!    Yay!


Till next time!
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people." -- Orson Welles, author


Comments

Popular Posts