I Love My Son!

I love my son but sometimes a girl just needs to be a girl. I need time to create, paint my nails, play with my hair and do my devotions without feeling like I'm in a high speed car chase with time.  So, I have decided to give myself permission to just be a girl every once in a while.  I'm gonna bake, create, read&write, makeout with my husband and dare I say it . . . just BE! Why do I have to leave behind who God created me to be, in order to be a mom.  Just doesn't make any sense to me.

I want my son to know me for who I really am. The real ME! Not the me I think a "good mom" should be.  I still haven't the faintest idea what that really is. I just know she's a vision of perfection who NEVER:  gets burnt out, questions God and never, ever needs anymore than three hours of sleep. Now she's awesome and all, but it's just not me. Plus, I think I'm a better mom, wife and daughter (God's daughter) when I do take some time to myself.   I'm energized, optimistic and frankly more interesting.

So, lets get started!  Come along with me on this journey of self-rediscovery, of healing and growing, no, no, BLOSSOMING.  That sounds more exciting and feminine don't you think lol.  

I dedicate this blog to my little Hailey Anne Marie.  Our princess who has gone on ahead of us to be with our Lord.  This is for you my baby girl.  For you taught me that life is too short to be afraid of ANYTHING and ANYONE.  Live the life God has given YOU while you still got it.  No regrets.  NO REGRETS! 

Comments

Popular Posts